As was done with CCLP3, information about CCLP1 was officially leaked by the staff before its release day. However, CCLP1 staff leader J.B. Lewis gave cryptic clues rather than the straightforward ones given by the CCLP3 staff.
- Two designers who had levels in both of the other community-produced sets (CCLP2 and CCLP3) will each have a single level in Chip's Challenge Level Pack One. The clue was given on January 30, 2014 and solved on January 31, 2014. These designers are Mike Lask and Eric Schmidt, who designed Traveler and The Ancient Temple, respectively.
- The level Ruined World by Josh Lee has some relevance to the final set. The clue was given on January 31, 2014 and solved on February 5, 2014.
- A CCLP1 release date "teaser" poster was released on February 11, 2014. The five levels represented in the CCLP1 logo were correctly guessed on February 12, 2014 to be Dynamite, Time Suspension: Part II, Whirlpool, Deserted Battlefield, and Metal Harbor. All five levels appear in CCLP1, all are untimed, and most appear in the last third of the set.
- The set will contain 530 blobs and 119 walkers. The clue was given on February 6th, 2014 and solved on February 14, 2014. Many of these blobs appear in Slime Forest.
- Nineteen of the levels appearing in the set Not_CCLP1.dat, assembled as an April Fools' Day joke, will appear in the final set. The clue was given on February 14, 2014 and solved on February 14, 2014.
- CC Zone's "CCLP1 Pre-Release Podcast" with Tom Patten and John Lewis revealed some new information about CCLP1 below -
- The highest rated level in CCLP1 had an average rating of 4.84, while the lowest rated level in CCLP1 had an average rating of 3.33.
- The highest rated level not to make it into CCLP1 had an average rating of 4.18.
- 94 out of 149 levels came from the top 149 in CCLP1 voting.
- CCLP1's storyline will be set between Chip's Challenge 1 and Chip's Challenge Level Pack 2.
- Three CCLP1 levels start with a 999 second timer.
- The shortest timed level starts with a 60 second timer.
- Levels with humorous passwords include EVRY, SOLV, AUUU, OVPE, NGNG, BLOR, OAHN, and FWDD.
- Tile World 2 will have an update when CCLP1 is released.
- There are 26 level designers in total for CCLP1.
7. The final CCLP1 leak on March 23rd, 2014 showcased 26 different levels in CCLP1 through an "Official CCLP1 Trailer" video.